Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Bring out your Trump!

I come from a family that plays cards. My dad's parents play cards and there was always a game of double solitaire going on at my mum's family's cabin growing up. On the annual ski trip we always play Black Jack or Canasta with my grandparents. Whenever we get together with my dad's family, it seems like there's always a game of Canasta going on. I learned how to shuffle and play almost all the card games I know from my family. A few years ago, my mum brought home Wizard. We've been playing it ever since. The other day, Mum told me she was going to go see Nine with her friends for "girls' night." I wanted to see it so I tagged along. We ended up playing Wizard with her friends (who play it all the time and are Wizard masters) for a few hours and then watched It's Complicated. Surprisingly, I won the first round by about 30 points. I wasn't expecting anything out of the game, I just played like I always play (although I do fairly well all the time when we play with just my family). It was kinda ridiculous. I stopped paying that much attention the second round though and lost horribly. But I got some good pictures out of it and maybe someone to come with me to my dad's company New Years Day party to watch the Rose Parade, so it's okay.





No comments:

Post a Comment