Thursday, June 24, 2010

weekends with the family





I still had pictures left over from Fathers' Day and since I didn't have time to take pictures of what I wore to work today (or anything else for that matter), I figured I'd share some more of them. It's all food! Well.... except the flowers. But that's beside the point. We always have great food whenever the family gets together. Like my grandma's Texas chocolate sheet cake (the last picture). I ate the last piece that we saved today. It's so delicious. Seriously.

We always have cheese and crackers and other snack-y/hors devours things before the main meal. My mum grilled some artichokes too that were really good. And then the main meal was just delicious! Salad, fruit salad, coleslaw, corn on the cob (I cut mine off because it's cleaner and because I had braces a few years ago and that was the only way I could eat it), and grilled chicken. How can you go wrong? And the colors were beautiful.

It was a very good family get together. And I get to see them all tomorrow too! My cousin graduates from high school tomorrow so we're going to her graduation party after work. And there's a possibility that I might be staying down at the beach with my family (maybe my grandparents...?) for the weekend because I don't have work until Monday (the office is closed on Fridays).

After spending most of the year away from home and my family, I don't think I could ever get tired of spending time with my cousins and grandparents. I'll probably be spending a lot more time with them this summer too because they're not traveling so much for sports this year. And spending more time with my cousins means spending more time at the beach. Win-win situation for me!

Mrs. Robinson - Simon & Garfunkle

No comments:

Post a Comment