Monday, June 21, 2010

I'd look psychotic in a balaclava

So it was Fathers' Day today (er. yesterday...), so this is my dad. And he's holding a pint and three ounces of beer in his hands... I think he got it as a gift from my older brother. I'm pretty sure that's all my family gets each other anymore: cards and booze. At least for the older ones, like the parents and grandparents. I personally can't buy alcohol, so I cannot give it as a gift. But whatever. They seem to enjoy giving each other alcohol-based beverages for holidays and birthday, so who am I to stop them?

This picture of my dad is really only a taste of the awesomeness that was this afternoon. We had my dad's side over for our annual Fathers' Day celebration. I'm pretty sure it's happened at our house for the past few years. So I guess it's a bit of a tradition. There was lots of food, plenty of alcohol (we're not alcoholics, my family just enjoys their beer and wine while getting together), an incredible amount of laughter, and even some swimming. I took a ton of pictures and got to see my grandparents for the second time this weekend! Woo!

I love my family. They're so great. And I get to see them all again on Thursday for my cousin's graduation, and yet again for Fourth of July! My dad's side of the family is amazing and we get along really well. It's always lots of fun when we get together.

I spent all day with my dad though. He and I went to a pancake breakfast at church (my brother left for camp this morning and my mum had things to do to get ready for the afternoon while my sister slept in...) and went to service. And then the family came over. After that, Dad and I watched Inglourious Basterds. I love that movie! It's so funny and clever. I saw it with my dad in theatres when it came out and we just rented it this past week. It's kind of our thing, to watch movies like that. We generally just go by ourselves, but as my younger siblings are getting older it's getting harder to keep them from going. My brother will be seventeen next year, so we won't be able to say he's too young for rated R movies anymore... Oh darnnit.

Anyway, here's too my dad! I love him to bits and am so thankful for him and all he does for us, even when he makes me pull weeds in the backyard... haha!

song of the day: Horchata - Vampire Weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment