Monday, August 30, 2010

final days


These are the final photos from the lake! After this it's back to the regular stuff. Well... for this week at least. :]


So these were taken at the breakwater down at our little beach/lagoon. We don't own the breakwater, but it's the best part of the lake. The lake's too cold for normal swimming, so we just climbed all over the rocks this year. It was a lot of fun!

I spent the weekend at my grandparents' house at the beach this weekend. It was really great to visit with family and relax for a few days. The new September issue of Vogue had arrived in the mail at their house on Friday too, so I spent a good portion of the weekend pouring over it's pages. And we celebrated my aunt's birthday all together tonight before we left to drive home too.

The main focus of the weekend was shopping with my brother and sister with our grandma. I ended up picking clothes out for my brother and sister... I tend to be a sort of stylist for them whenever we go shopping now. I was actually seriously looking for clothes for me at Urban Outfitters and in the zone when my grandma came over and said my brother needed my help. Turns out he needed me to pull clothes for him. I thought he needed my opinion on something! He didn't even have an idea about what he wanted! So I ran around the men's section with an armful of clothes for me digging around for clothes in his size one-handed. My response was just, "Seriously? I'm shopping for me! Okay, fine..."

I ended up with a pretty good haul. I was focusing on more autumnal/wintery pieces. It's not going to be summer forever! There's still a few things that I have my eye on that I didn't get, but I was trying not to blow all my money... Just most of it! Haha!

In just about a week (almost exactly), I will be back in Washington and moving in to my new room with my fabulous new room mate! I'm so very excited! I can't wait; I'm so ready to be back at school now! Last week was really stressful for me, but this week is destined to be even more so! I have cleaning and packing to do on top of work. And I have plans to solidify with friends for the end of the week... I'm so busy! But it'll all be worth it once I'm up there and moved in. Even moving in is going to be an adventure! I only have one full day to move in and then my dad is leaving really early the next day. It's going to be a whirlwind week! I need to just take it one day at a time, hour by hour.

And right now, I'm watching On the Road with Austin & Santino! It's become one of my new guilty pleasures. It's so cute and funny!
top, shorts, & necklace from Forever 21
gray beanie swiped from my brother
photos taken by my younger brother

No comments:

Post a Comment