Thursday, August 26, 2010

got me on the fence just waiting and waiting


I wore something very similar to this to work on Wednesday (yesterday?). So these will have to substitute since I got home and immediately changed into shorts and a t-shirt. It's just been so dang hot the past few days! It's even uncomfortable inside!

The only difference between what I wore to work and the outfit in these photos was a difference blue top, a thicker brown leather belt, and my blue cardigan (Because I have to keep it modest! So no bare arms...). And I didn't put contacts in today, so I was nerdy looking with my big prescription glasses.

The pretty awesome thing about this skirt is how light and flowy it is. It's a bit sheer, but I still love it. So on days when it's in the 100s all day and I'm cooped up in an office all day, I'm not uncomfortable or stuffy. Quite nice!


The past few days I've had to go into work earlier and it's been driving me nuts! Today (technically... it's pretty late/early right now...) I get to go in normal time, so hopefully it'll be better. I don't know if it's been the longer days or the fact that next week's my last week, directly followed by shipping back up to school two days later - maybe both, but I've been really restless at work this whole week. (Actually, maybe this whole past month...) I actually got so frustrated and anxious today that I had a bit of a breakdown towards the end of the day. Thankfully, I was working in the back and most everyone had left by then. Just the thought that I have to pack and clean before leaving and not having much time in the next week or so to get it all done is seriously stressing me out. I get home from work and I just don't feel like doing anything because I'm too tired. I wish I didn't have work next week so I could get ready, but I can't. So I sit on the couch and wallow...

Good news: I'm not working tomorrow (Friday) and am going to Six Flags with my brother and sister (ROLLERCOASTERS!!!). It's going to be fun and a good de-stressor if everything goes as planned. And then we're heading down to my grandparents' house on Saturday for the weekend. So I get to spend time with my lovely grandparents before I leave for school! And my grandma's taking me shopping! Whoo!

So today needs to hurry up and be over already!
Modcloth blouse & belt
Urban Outfitters skirt
Blowfish flats
Ray-Ban sunglasses

No comments:

Post a Comment