Wednesday, August 25, 2010

and so it goes


More pictures from the lake! These were kind of just photos for the sake of photos...


So this dock is kind of sketchy. It's really old and has gotten warped and worn down over the years. You can't walk on it barefoot in case of gnarly splinters that could get stuck in your feet. There are a few boards that have been replaced in the past few years, but it's you still have to watch where you're going. My heel almost went through a particularly thin section one day. But it's a great place to watch the sunset or just look out over the lake by yourself.


There's less than two weeks between now and when I leave for school. My best friend moves in tomorrow. Thankfully she's only about an hour away so I'll see her at least once more before I leave for Washington. It's so weird that people are starting classes this week and I haven't even gone up to school yet.

People keep asking me if I'm ready for school or excited to go back. And I am excited to go back. It's going to be a really good year. I'm really excited for my new room mate. She's fantastic! But I don't know if I'm really "ready" or in the right mental state for being back after this summer. I still have about a week and a half, but I'm working most of those days. I feel like I still have tons of time left, and I really don't. I don't have a week to clean and pack. I'm working right up until I leave. There's so much to do and so many people to see! And I feel like I have no time. And yet all the time in the world. This summer job routine has gotten me into this really weird funk...

Target romper
Modcloth belt & flats
Forever 21 cardigan
RayBan sunglasses

No comments:

Post a Comment