Monday, November 23, 2009

a homecoming

LESS THAN TWO DAYS 'TIL I GO HOME!!!!!!!!

I'm quite excited. I get to see my family and friends. (And drool over Sean Patrick Flannery....)

All I can talk about over these past few weeks or so is going home and what I'm going to do once I'm there. It just turns into my go-to conversation topic. I think some of my hall mates are getting annoyed with the constant mantra of "home home home!" coming from me while I practically bounce in my seat from excitement. And now the last few days of classes are here until I can get on a plane and fly down to sunny Southern California! I only have one more class tomorrow and then I have to finish packing and setting my room in order so that I don't leave a big mess lying around for five days.

So here's what I've got planned so far:
Wednesday- Spend all day in airplanes. (ugh) Land around 4:00-ish. Go to dinner with the family (including my older brother who doesn't live at home anymore but is still in the area, unlike me) at my favorite Indian restaurant. Go see Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day with my dad and older brother. (so excited! Sean Patrick Flannery!!!!)
Thursday- Go down to my relatives' in New Port Beach for Thanksgiving feasting.
Friday- Spend more time with the relatives and hang around at my grandparents' house. Get grilled about college life and whether I have a boyfriend or not.... (ugh) Then drive back home around 4:00 in order to get ready for a Chamber Choir Reunion! (I get to see all my lovely choir nerds!!!!)
Saturday- Hang out around town and probably see friends from school who are in town. Go to a party at my friend's house that evening and see even more people from school and back home.
Sunday- Hopefully go to church and see everyone there that I miss terribly. Go to the airport and spend the rest of the day in airports and airplanes. (3. HOURS. in the Portland. airport.... ugh!)
And sprinkled all throughout there will be trips to In-n-Out and possibly shopping and Starbucks and chocolate chip pancakes and napping on the couch and cuddling with my puppies! It's going to be GLORIOUS! Especially since it's going to be in the 70s and 80s while I'm there. Yay!!! That means shorts and dresses and no coats!!!! My friends who've lived up here their whole lives think there's something wrong with me because I think 70 degree weather in November is normal. But it's not my fault I come from a fabulous area with great weather for most of the year. I'm getting used to the 30s and low 40s.... I just miss the sun. And I'm definitely going to get it when I go home on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment