Wednesday, February 3, 2010

the Goal

So, a while back, I posted this.

I haven't traveled much over my life, but since my Sophomore year of high school when I went to Europe with my choir I've pretty much caught the travel bug. I've been through Czech Republic, Austria and Hungary as well as visited Paris and Rome two summers ago. I miss Europe! I want to go all over the world, but Europe will always be my first love.

My school does quite a bit in the area of study abroad programs. It's partly why I decided to go here with all the opportunities for travel. But I was thinking that I probably wouldn't be able to go on any trips until my Junior year of college.

And then I got an email today.

There's a trip across a good portion of Western Europe for Jan Term next year for one of the required courses to graduate. I'm determined. I'm going.

That email was just what I needed. So that's the goal to get me through the next few months. I have to convince my parents and go to the information meeting an apply for the trip (and probably scholarship money specifically for the trip) and get in and make payments. And in less than a year, I could be on my way across the country and the Atlantic to some of my most favorite places in the world for course credit and some amazing adventures! I'm so excited! I needed this opportunity so bad! I'm praying it all works out!

No comments:

Post a Comment