Friday, October 22, 2010

a kind of goodbye

This week has been pretty mellow schoolwork-wise. It seems like it went by terribly slow, however. I found myself sitting on my bed after finishing up assignments and feeling very bored and unmotivated to do anything a lot this week. Next week should be busier and less "boring" for me. Ah, we'll see.


This outfit is the last attempt to hang onto nice weather. They days have been getting significantly colder (although the sun hasn't completely left yet, so that's good) and after this weekend, the highs are going to be dropping with every day. So I'll probably really be breaking out the coat and starting to layer more and more. I'm also probably going to start wearing more earthy tones and dark colors, like blacks and blues, more often. So today, I'm wearing color (with a little black to balance it out) and florals as a kind of goodbye to weather I probably won't seen until mid-April.


I'm so thankful it's Friday, though! There's some good things planned for the next few days. Like surprise parties and possible outings to pumpkin patches and Thai restaurants and hall bonding! And lots of homework for Tuesday, but that's more for Sunday. Tonight is also the annual haunted house/Halloween dance party that's actually hosted by my dorm and a neighboring dorm. I don't know if I'm going... People generally dress up for it (there's people dressed up in costumes already today!) and I don't have a costume. And it's $3, which I could afford, but I don't know if I want to spend a lot of money right now... So we'll see. I might just watch movies with other people that might not go (or watch more episodes of Criminal Minds by myself...).

Oh! The past few days I have been dying to watch The Godfather Part 1 & 2 (since about Sunday maybe...?). I watched all three movies a few years ago because we have the boxed set at home. But most of my friends up here aren't really big movie-watchers (at least in the way I am) and they haven't seen any of them before! So I texted my dad the other day about sending them to me and he responded in a timely fashion. Long story short, he's going to send them to me in the next package that my mum puts together (which might take a few weeks...) and then I get to watch them with my friends who haven't seen them and need to because it's an absolute tragedy that they haven't yet.
dress & cardigan from Forever 21
belt & tights from Target
boots (not pictured) thrifted

No comments:

Post a Comment