Wednesday, February 2, 2011

a resolution of sorts

Yesterday marked the beginning of Spring Term for me and although I will be extremely busy over the next four months with my nearly full course load, I came to a decision recently. Over the past months, especially since school started up again, I haven't been posting on a regular basis at all. I don't really know why. I could say that it's because school took up a major part of my time and focus this year (my grades have improved ten-fold from last year - not that I was a bad student last year...), but I'm not sure if that is necessarily true.
I'm generally not one for New Years Resolutions. Those sorts of things usually never cross my mind, to be honest. But I'm making a resolution to update on a daily (or semi-daily) basis for this whole term. This is kind of in conjunction with my want to take more pictures. I have a camera (and now a new tripod), I should use them! I want to be more intentional in my passions and hobbies this year. My major for school is solidified and I know where my schooling is headed for the next few years and now I feel like it's time for me to have more of a focus in the other aspects of my life, such as my faith and the things that shape me as a person. I want to use the resources that I have and learn more about the world and things that I don't know very much about. I want to dance more and write more. I want to take more pictures - good pictures. I want to more actively pursue travel. I want to be more social. These are the years that will define who I am and I want to make the most of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment